Almost every time I share my recipe with someone for overnight oats they ask me what Chia Seeds are. The next question to follow is “do I actually need them to make the overnight oats?”. The answer is YES! Chia Seeds are key and a main component to making overnight oats. Not to mention that they have some amazing health benefits that you should totally take advantage of.
In case you’re not familiar with Chia Seeds I am dedicating this entire post to explain them to you.
Key facts about the superfood Chia Seeds:
- Loaded with nutrients that are good for you and your brain and your body
- Have a ton of antioxidants in them (goodbye free radicals)
- Amazing amount of fiber in such a small amount
- Excellent protein source (especially if you don’t eat meat)
- High in omega-3 fatty acid
- Extra source of vitamins (calcium & magnesium)
- Help to lower blood pressure
All you need is 1 tablespoon of these little seeds in your oats and you are set. If you think 1 tablespoon is too much for you – totally okay use 1/2!
Okay now stop reading my blog and head to your grocery store for some Chia Seeds. I usually get mine at Whole Foods or even on Amazon.